Saturday, April 2, 2011

MAKAN : Zam Zam Seksyen 9 Shah Alam .


Actually this was so long ago , I think about two months already . I dont have the time to edit the photo as well as to upload them and write a review about it not because it is not that delicious but it wasnt my all time favourite .

However , Zam Zam is a house of delicious Arab cuisine . They serve almost everything , from chicken, to seafood with different style of cooking . You name it . One of the must try when you're going for Arab food is the Chicken Mandy .




This is the Chicken Mandy (RM18) , the portion is quite big . It could serve two while big eaters will be satisfied with the portion . However , the Chicken Mandy that we got that day was not hot , so it didnt really wake our senses . Didn't smell that nice pun . But the taste didn't dissapoint us that much , I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5 . This was mom's .

Then we moved on to my pick of the night Shish Tawook . It is basically a cubes of chicken , skewered and grilled to perfection .




This is my Shish Tawook / Shish Kebab (RM25). You can either have it with rice or with bread ( the price may be different if you took bread instead of rice ) , since  I was pretty hungry that day , I go for rice . It is served with fries, tomato puree and their original Arabian yogurt which taste totally different than the normal yogurt that we bought from the hypermarket . What makes the yogurt so special is it is very very thick , the texture is very smooth . At first I was shocked as I've never ate chicken , rice with yogurt . It's bizarre . Well , the taste was amazing . It blew me off . I was happy fat kid who gets a box of choco . The chicken is so tender , but again , the dishes is not as hot as I expected . The rice is fantastic.


While my sister is up for something without rice , so she ordered a lamb kebab or KhashKhash Kebab . 




This is the most normal kebab ever . The meat is very tender and juicy . Very mouth watering , swallow your saliva puhlease . The lamb kebab is served with Arab bread , fries , tomato puree and as well as the Arabian yogurt . This delicious meal cost RM20. What I like about the KhashKhash Kebab is that the lamb doesn't have any smell and it goes very well with the yogurt . 

On that night , we ordered the special Arab Mint Tea . Arab Mint Tea is a little bitter , it is not thick but slightly bitter , you might want to add a lot of sugar . I myself don't like my tea to be bitter . However , the tea is very very refreshing , the scent of the mint refreshes your mind , very soothing . I really like my tea with mint . If I'm not mistaken , you can choose either to order a pot of tea or a cup , but a pot of tea would cost you RM8.   A pot of the Arab Mint Tea can get around 10 small glass . 





This is how it looks like , a normal tea pot , and a cute mini cup . It's good to drink this sometimes , but since I'm a heavy drinker , means I drink a lot . We ordered another drink . It is something like the famous Barbican , but what makes it different is the brand , and the taste . 



This one is Hillsburg (RM3.50) if Im not mistaken . I prefer Barbican rather than Hillsburg , why ? Because Hillsburg is too gassy . There are several kinds of drinks you can choose , from pure juices to Arabian carbonated drinks . 

Before I forgot , as for the starter/appertizer , we ordered Shakshouka . 




Shakshouka costs around RM10 . It is a combination of scrambled eggs , tomatoes and onions . It's a little sweet , because of the tomatoes and onions . It's definitely not one of my favourite as I'm not a vegetable eater . But its totally something new . 

The best part of Arabian cuisine ..... The dessert ! Yes the dessert ! Plenty of dessert to choose from , but my all time favourite is Baklava :) Smilling from ear to ear . 

This is how Baklava looks like .




Okayy Baklava is a sweet pastry made of layers of filo pastry filled with loads and loads of chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup and sometimes honey . Normally , pistachio is used to make the Baklava . It is RM2 each . 




And this is Basbousa . It is semolina cake soaked in syrup which contains rose water . It's veryyyyyyyyyy sweeeeet and have strong scent of rose . Not my favourite because it is too sweet , and the strong scent of rose . Nice try though .














I couldn't remember how much we spent on that night , we also bought home some Baklava  :) Overall the food taste fine , as well as the presentation of the food. I think Saba Restaurant's food are much better than Zam Zam , so I think I'll just stick to Saba Restaurant . Saba Restaurant have two branches , one is in Setiawangsa and another one is in Cyberjaya . 


Food  ;  8/10
Service  ;  8/10 
Ambiance  ;  9/10 
Price  ; 8/10 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is Leticia Avierkiieva and I am a contributor at www.mycitycuisine.org, a wiki project. I am currently working on an article about Khashkhash kebab for the project, and am in need of a photo for the article.
I wanted to inquire in regards to your photo:

http://sherryfromtheblock.blogspot.com/2011/04/makan-zam-zam-seksyen-9-shah-alam.html
The photo would be perfect for the article. Would you be willing to give mycitycuisine.org permission to use your photo for the project?
If you agree to let mycitycuisine.org to use the photo, please specify the terms of permission in your reply so I can upload this photo with the correct license terms.
1.) I certify that I am the owner of this photo. I grant mycitycuisine.org and its owner to use this photo for any purpose with attribution to me as the photo owner.

OR
2.) I certify that I am the owner of this photo. I release all rights of this photo and place this photo in the public domain.
I thank you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Leticia Avierkiieva (gourmand86@yahoo.com)
PS: mycitycuisine.org is a wiki project so you are encouraged to contribute to it by sharing your knowledge of your local cuisine. Thank you.